Ladies there times in life when life gets overwhelming, times when life seems to throw everything at you, times when you wonder will you through it. It might seem you have the weight of the world on your shoulders.
This is the time that you look after you with love and respect. If a friend was telling you a litany of things going wrong would you be harsh with them? No you wouldn’t would you? Now is the time to cut yourself a little slack – be kind to you. It is Ok to put some of those balls you are juggling down.
Today, September 14th, is R U OK Day, a day to ask, listen and encourage. Your call, concern and kind word could make all the difference. have you called someone today? if not its not too late, pick up that phone.
When challenges seem to be multiplying, when overwhelm and fear take over it leads to what I call ‘mushy brain. It is when coherent thought and action seem a million years away. From there it is so easy to spiral down to not coping, feeling anxious, isolating yourself, feeling depressed and you even contemplate darker actions.
It is important to realise you are not alone. There are people in the world who will listen to you. When you are in that ‘mushy’ state you tend not to see the people who are there for you and want to help. Seek out the people in your life who will listen with kindness and without judgement.
Tips you may find helpful are:
- Call a friend or someone who can help you and talk to them, just venting your feelings can make you feel better.
- If that is you right now, take a moment to stop and breathe.
- If you don’t have anyone around you there are other steps for when you feel isolated, hopeless and alone’
- Examples are Lifeline 13 11 14 and Beyond Blue 1300 22 46 36
- Journaling, writing down what is happening for you and what is causing your overwhelm. It can help you make sense of what is happening.
- Go for a walk, get put in the fresh air for 20mind admire nature, you will feel better.
These tips will allow you to be open to a change in perspective and remember each day has only 24 hours. Tomorrow you have a new day and a new chance.
In reaching out as a confidence mentor, that is someone who is there to call, listen and encourage, just saying ‘ I am there for YOU’. Reach out and call for an a 20min obligation free session. Di xx